We have already discussed the variety of effects cannabis can have on users. However, it is essential to remember that just because you are no longer high, that doesn’t mean you may not still have THC lingering in your body. How Long After Use Will THC Remain Detectable? It varies from hours to months depending on six variables, which we will cover in-depth below.
1. How Often You Smoke Weed
The frequency of use is one of the biggest influencers on how long THC remains in the body. For example, a first-timer may retain THC traces for approximately three days, whereas a daily toker may have THC in their body for about a month after stopping use. For moderate recreational users (3-4 times a week service, for example), THC may remain in the system for about a week.
2. Potency of Your Stash
How potent the pot is or how high the THC concentration is the second most significant factor in how long THC remains detectable via standard drug testing methods. The more THC, the longer your body needs to metabolize it.
3. The Amount You Used
While potency is an important role player, the amount of cannabis you take is also crucial. If you only had a few hits, you will not have much THC in your system. However, the more you use, the longer you will need to shed the THC from your system.
4 . Method of Consumption
How you use cannabis comes into play too. Weed edibles require the body to digest the product before accessing the THC and metabolizing it. Therefore the THC can remain in your body for a more extended period. Smoking a joint or vaping gets the THC into your system quickly, but likewise, it will leave your system faster.
5. Your Body Chemistry
Cannabis, like all drugs, affects everyone differently. Your makeup will determine how you react to cannabis and how it affects you. THC also binds to fats in the body, so the user’s fat percentage will affect how quickly the THC is metabolized. Despite the specific size, sometimes people naturally have different tolerance levels, affecting how fast THC leaves your system.
6. Type of Test
As outlined below, the different types of drug tests have other ways to detect. You may be able to pass a urine test, for example, but a hair test might still turn up positive.
- Urine Tests detect THC within a range of 3 to 30 days.
- Saliva Tests detect THC within 1 to 3 days after your last use.
- Blood Tests are not very effective as THC leaves the system within 3 to 4 hours after use.
- Hair Tests are the most effective with the most extended range. They can detect THC for up to 90 days.
Is There A Trick To Shedding THC Faster?
No, the rate it leaves depends on the six variables we outlined. Nothing you do will get rid of THC unnaturally. There are no proven, safe ways to speed the process up. Your best bet is to drink lots of water and be patient.
Some Final Words
If you’d instead sate your curiosity right away, try a same-day marijuana delivery service like Weed Delivery Vancouver or Weed Delivery in Toronto instead. You’ll enjoy the same streamlined online shopping experience but with a much faster turn-around. Weed Delivery Vancouver will bring the goods to your doorstep within hours! In addition, now that you know how to recognize weed, you can put your new skills to the test with a speedy same-day order.
How to Make Hash, What is Cannabis?, The Benefits, Uses, & Effects of Marijuana, Indica vs Sativa Guide
- Wagener, M. A. (2021, November 19). How Long Does Pot Stay in Your System? American Addiction Centers. Available at: https://americanaddictioncenters.org/marijuana-rehab/how-long-system-body
- Carter, A. (2020, January 6). What Are the Benefits of Marijuana? Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/medical-marijuana/benefits-of-marijuana
- Hartney, Elizabeth. (2020, July 22). What is THC? Very Well Mind. Available at: https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-thc-in-marijuana-4080556
- Villines, Z. (2019, January 29). How long can you detect marijuana in the body? Medical News Today. Available At: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324315
- Get Kush. (2021, December 30). Best Online Dispensary Canada | Buy Weed Online. Available at: https://getkush.io/
- Cannabis Ontario. (2021, December 30). Find the best cannabis in Ontario. Available at: https://cannabisontario.net/