Weed syrup, aka cannalean, is exploding in popularity throughout Canada. Regular cannabis fans and infrequent users enjoy these sweet, tasty THC syrups. You can find cannalean in dispensaries like Weed Delivery Vancouver, but if you’re looking for a custom flavour blend, it’s also easy to learn how to make weed syrup!
You only need a few simple ingredients, some basic kitchen supplies, and a bit of patience to learn how to make cannalean. So decide on your favourite flavours, grab your materials, and make this simple cannalean DIY with our easy weed syrup recipe.
Ingredients For Making THC Syrup
- 3 cups water
- 4 grams dried cannabis of any strain
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
- 1 tablespoon flavoured extract like mint or lemon (optional)
Supplies For Our Weed Syrup Recipe
- Large saucepan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stove or hotplate
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper or silicone baking liner
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- Glass jar
How To Make Weed Syrup Step By Step
When you’re learning how to make cannalean, decarboxylating your weed is the first, most crucial step. Decarboxylation or “decarbing” is a chemical process occurring when cannabis is gently heated. The heat activates cannabinoids like THC, so they’re able to interact with your body. If you skip the decarb step of this weed syrup recipe, your cannalean DIY won’t affect you. You need to decarb your cannabis to make THC syrup!
Start by grinding your weed into consistent, rice-sized particles. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone, then spread the cannabis in an even layer over the tray. Bake your cannabis at around 225 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 45 minutes. Keep an eye on the oven to make sure it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat when your grinds are a rich golden brown.
2. Heat The Water
Pour three cups of water into your saucepan. Heat it over medium heat on your stove or hot plate until it reaches a low boil.
3. Add Your Cannabis
Gently pour your decarbed cannabis grounds into the saucepan. Stir frequently, so they don’t settle on the bottom of the pan and burn.
4. Add Sugar
Add three cups of sugar to the water. Stir until fully dissolved.
5. Let Simmer
Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and let your syrup mixture cook for 20 minutes. Turn the heat down if you hear it boiling too vigorously (for example, hitting the inside of the lid, making loud pops, or boiling over the sides of the pan).
6. Add Glycerin
Glycerin helps your cannalean DIY reach the perfect texture. It also contains vegetable fat to help your body interact with THC. Add your flavoured extract to the pot. Stir constantly for 7-8 minutes until the syrup thickens.
7. Let Cool
Remove your pan from heat and let the syrup cool. Strain the cooled syrup through a strainer or cheesecloth into a glass jar. Now that you know how to make weed syrup, you’re ready to enjoy it! Store your cannalean DIY in the fridge for best results.
Explore The World Of Cannalean
Learning how to make cannalean doesn’t need to be complicated, especially when you follow this easy weed syrup recipe. If you don’t feel like spending time in the kitchen, you can always buy THC syrup instead of making it. Check out the delicious weed syrup at Weed Delivery Vancouver to explore all the delicious, low-priced options. But no worries if you are not in our service areas because there are many excellent alternatives such as Daily Marijuana for mail order and TorontoWeedDelivery.co for same-day delivery in the Greater Toronto Area. You can also find all sorts of options on platforms such as Cannabis Ontario.
Different Types of Weed Edibles, Effects of Edibles, Weed Edibles Dosage Chart
- Wolf, L. (2018, April 6). Canna-simple syrup. Cooking with Laurie + MaryJane. Retrieved January 18, 2022, from https://recipes.laurieandmaryjane.com/canna-simple-syrup/
- Toronto Weed Delivery. (2022, February 28). Same-Day Weed Delivery in the Greater Toronto Area. Available at: https://torontoweeddelivery.co/
- Hartney, Elizabeth. (2020, July 22). What is THC? Very Well Mind. Available at: https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-thc-in-marijuana-4080556
- Health Canada (2020, January 23). Cannabis Laws and Regulations. Government of Canada. Available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/laws-regulations.html
- Daily Marijuana. (2022, February 28). Buy Weed Online. Available at: https://www.dailymarijuana.io/
- Cannabis Ontario. (2022, February 28). Find the best cannabis in Ontario. Available at: https://cannabisontario.net/